6. Extended Side Angle Pose - Utthita Parsvakonasna
6.Uttitha Parsvakonasana - (Extended side angle pose)
- Take the legs a little wider than we did in the last pose. Turn the right leg out to 90 degrees and turn the back foot in to 30 degrees.
- Take the arms out to the sides, keep your chest lifted, slowly bend the right leg, make sure the knee is in line with the hip and the right ankle
- Make sure the knee doesn’t cross in front of the ankle, if it does, widen the stance.
- Press the back outer leg into the ground to stabilize.
- Rest the back of your right forearm on the knee and lift the left arm up towards the sky.
- Turn the palm towards the head and reach the arm over your left ear.
- Rotate the chest towards the sky, moving the right rib cage forward and up.
- Reach the left arm away from the back heel.
- Hold for 15 - 30 seconds.
- Repeat twice on the right and once on the left.